Tuesday, March 17, 2009

injury leads to (gasp) swimming laps

Lots of drama since my last post... Injury and the inevitable search for a substitute form of exercise. This injury was my left Achilles tendon and it got pretty bad before I got my chiropractor (and masseus) working on it.

Months later and we're still "stripping the calf" (read: intense painful deep tissue massage on a tender set of muscles) and things are getting better.

Got so desperate as I saw my three months of hard work fading away (losing some of the 15 lbs. I lost on the treadmill) that I even considered a personal trainer to set me up with a weight training schedule... In the end I signed up for a masters swimming class at a pool by my work. Hardest exercise I've done in a long, long, long time...

Might end up doing some elliptical trainer along with it to burn more calories. My form needs some work before I can really maximize my workout in a group laps setting. :-(

And then my buddy Jay Watson gets back on the bike for real (gasp!) and I'm tempted to fuck with my calf recovery just to burn some calories in a way I'm comfortable with!

We'll see what happens...

No comments: